~~~~

8.28.2013

.kenya: the portraits.

shooting portraits in the states i have found that most people are uneasy about having an image made of them to be stored on some random hard drive for eternity or mass produced to be shown with them unknowing.  i have had to be creative and "sneaky" to make quality portraits in the US and i thought kenya would be no different.
over the two weeks i spent there i think i had two people deny me when i asked, one of which was carrying a screaming baby and the other was sweeping the streets.  in kenya people loved having their picture taken and most only want to see the image on my 2.5" lcd screen in return.  the occasional request for a hard copy has me in the studio printing off over a dozen shots to be mailed to the iconic subjects i have portrayed.  you don't say no to a man with a bloody machete who just took the lives of over 300 helpless chickens.  there are some truly amazing people shown here and i am blessed to have had the chance to meet them
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




 
































~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.double.exposures.











1 comment:

  1. My Testimony Hello everyone. Am here to testify how I got my loan from Mr. Benjamin after I applied several times from various loan lenders who promised to help but they never gave me the loan. Until a friend of mine introduced me to Mr.Benjamin Lee promised to help me and indeed he did as he promised without any form of delay.I never thought there are still reliable loan lenders until I met Mr. Benjamin Lee, who indeed helped with the loan and changed my belief. I don't know if you are in any way in need of a genuine and urgent loan, Be free to contact Mr. Benjamin via WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740 and  his email: Lfdsloans@outlook.com thank you.   

    ReplyDelete